ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (A16321)
We are excited to be recruiting for one of our well established clients based on the outskirts of Tameside.
Some duties include but not limited to:
- Electrical fitter/wireman experienced in working on projects of high voltage – from 415v up to 33kv. Working with switchgears using circuit breakers.
- Installation and maintenance of electrical switchgear up to and including 33kV
- Installation of cable management systems (trays and trunking)
- Installation and termination of multi-core cables Ferrule identification and crimping of cores – Understanding of cable block diagrams, cable schedules and termination schedules (the ability to read schematic drawings is also preferential)
- Mounting and installing a variety of components
- Carrying out installations in accordance with design and legislation
- Completion of documentation
- Liaising with site managers/project engineers
- Escalating and reporting issues to the site manager where required
- Undertaking work in accordance with work package plans, method statements, and risk assessments
- Reporting all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
- The desire to progress within role as it includes the training, guidance and experience necessary to develop. Skills, qualifications and experience Essential
- Up to date CSCS Card and first aid certificate
- At least a level two vocational qualifications in an electrical subject
- Able to read electrical schematics at a basic level
- Keen to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Awareness of the Electricity At Work Regulations
- Full driving license
- Good level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Energetic and hard-working
- Flexible approach to travelling hours and work location
- Electrical installations experience in an industrial and renewable setting Desirable
- CITB or CCNSG safety passport card
- Manual handling training
- Knowledge of MS Office inc. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Emergency First Aid Training
- Asbestos awareness
In return as well as a competitive and attractive salary – proportionate to the knowledge and experience of the candidate – we offer the following additional benefits:
- Permanent contract and a rewarding career
- Ongoing professional development and training
- About the person – Skills required
- Essential – experience of high voltage projects
- 25 days holidays Plus stats
- Hours – day shifts 8. 10 and 12 hours shifts + weekend work available
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.