Asset 1

Q: Where would I come to register / Where is Bennett’s based?

A: Bennett’s operate from 52 Market Street HYDE, Cheshire SK14 1AH. Not far from Hyde Town Hall and easy accessible by bus and train links. There are a number of pay and display car parks, however Asda is at the back of us.

Q: Why use an agency to look for work?

A: We have strong relationships with a variety of businesses in Tameside, Oldham, Stockport and Manchester. We know that getting a perfect job isn’t always easy but we are a friendly team and our goal is to work with you to help you get the type of job you’re after. We do our utmost to place you in suitable jobs that match your skills and interests although we have offered work to candidates which they have never considered before and it has turned out to be the job of their dreams. If formal interviews make you nervous we can assure you that you have nothing to worry about coming to see us.

Q: What geographical areas do we cover?

A: Bennett’s cover all Tameside, Greater Manchester and South Manchester areas. Basically much of the North West. We would never ask you to go to a location which isn't accessible for you.

Q: How long does it take to register?

A: Depending upon what type of work you wish to obtain it would approx. take 45 mins up to an 1 hr and half depending upon your skills.

Q: Can I register online?

A: You can register your details and attach your cv to cvs@bennettstaff.co.uk We will then be in touch as soon as a suitable position does become available.

Q: What documents do I need to register?

A: Upon registration you will need to bring the following: UK Nationals: A passport (which may be in or out of date) showing that the holder is a British citizen and passport cover. If the passport is out of date, then further photographic identification is required: i.e. a driving licence. OR NI proof (see below): NI Proof is one of the following: P45 or P60 issued by a previous employer with full name and NI number NI card (both sides will be scanned) Wage slip from a previous employer Letter issued by a government agency with full name and NI number PLUS one of the following: A full or short form birth certificate issued in the UK A full adoption certificate issued in the United Kingdom which includes the name(s) of at least one of the holder’s adoptive parents. A certificate of registration or naturalisation as a British citizen. EEA EC citizens: One of the following types of I.D. are acceptable for applicants from new E.U. Member States: A passport (which may be in or out of date) showing that the holder is an EC citizen and passport cover. If the passport is out of date, then further photographic identification is required: i.e. a Driving licence. Or a National ID card. A2 EEA / EC citizens – Croatian nationals: A valid passport and also provide a residence permit (either Blue or Yellow) stating that work is permitted. Non EEA citizens (Non EC and Commonwealth) Indefinite Leave – One of the following: An in date passport showing that the holder is a non EC citizen and passport cover ALSO a visa stating INDEFINITE leave. Or an Immigration Status document stating INDEFINITE leave and NI proof Or an Biometric Residence Permit stating INDEFINITE LEAVE Limited Leave – One of the following: An in date passport endorsed with a visa or residence permit showing the person’s entitlement to work in the UK. Or a biometric residence permit card showing the person’s entitlement to work in the UK. The above information is for guidance only. Additional information may be required.

Q: Once I’ve signed up for temporary work, what happens next?

A: We will liaise with the relevant client/s, if necessary arrange an interview, informal chat, induction time or find out start times and dates. We’ll then contact you to explain everything you need to know about the role/s we have to offer you. We’ll give you as much information as possible e.g. hours of work, duties, pay, duration, location, and travel directions so that you can decide if you would like to be put forward or start the role. You’ll also get written confirmation of the details from us if you decide to accept the job we’re offering you. If you don’t like the sound of what we have to offer you, we simply ask that you are honest and tell us that. You don’t have to accept work which you don’t like the sound of. We’ll call you when you’ve started, just to check how you are getting on and then keep in touch during the assignment. We’re at the end of the phone, if you need any help or advice. If we have nothing suitable to offer you immediately, we will contact you when we do.

Q: How is my data kept secure with regards to the GDPR?

A: Your personal data is only held by Bennett Staff for 12 months, and not sent to any third party without explicit consent.

Q: How often do I get paid?

A: On completion and submission of a signed timesheet you will be paid weekly – every Friday (your first week being in arrears)

Q: How do i book my holidays?

A: You need to liaise with your consultant to find out how many holidays you have accrued. Then speak with your line manager to establish the best time for when to can take your leave. Once agreed you need to complete a holiday request form and send your request in, either by post of email. More information can be found in your handbook.

Q: When is the holiday year?

A: Your holiday year starts 1st September to the end of October in anyone year. (all holidays must be taken within that leave year). For more information about holidays this will be in your handbook and Contract for services - which would have been given to you at registration.

Q: How do we interview our candidates?

A: All candidates are personally interviewed face to face at our offices, where we hold an initial interview /registration. This is where all ID is checked and stamped.

Q: Can I approach Bennett's confidentially?

A: Yes our trained consultants are on hand to help wherever we can, we will always deal with your application or vacancy in the strictest of confidence.

Q: How much notice do you need to give Bennett's to be provided with staff?

A: We would like a weeks notice where possible. However we appreciate this sometimes may not always be feasible. But as much notice as possible please.

Q: Do we have both temporary and permanent jobs available?

A: Bennett's specialise in both temporary and permanent job opportunities. Temporary work is as it says temporary this could be to cover sickness, holidays, peak periods or even maternity leave. Remember some temporary roles do become permanent.

Q: Once I register a vacancy with Bennett’s online, when will a consultant contact me?

A: When you have registered your vacancy on line, one of our consultants will be in touch within the next 24 hours if not sooner.

Q: How can I pay my invoice?

A: You can pay for our services via BACS (which usually takes 3 days) same day payment or a cheque addressed to Bennett Staff Bureau.

Our Awards & Standards