TRAINEE INSPECTION ENGINEER (A10723)
Due to rapid expansion our Tameside client is looking to recruit an additional member in October 2019
Job responsibilities / Key Tasks:
To provide assessment and inspection of all aspects of the business with detailed reports to maximize customer satisfaction within company standards and health and safety guidelines. Ensure reports are on the system in the correct place and in timely fashion, attend inspection planning meetings with clients. To obtain 3 years on site industry training in the Examination and Certification of Amusement devices carried out by companies peers; successfully complete the required industry courses.
Key Duties and Areas of Accountability:
- Exceeds customer expectations and actively promotes a customer-centered environment
- Liaises with customer to plan work, discuss issues and propose solutions
- Provides appropriate support and guidance to and on behalf of the customer
- Maintains a friendly, polite, and professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains customer relationships
- Identifies new business opportunities
- Actively encourages customer feedback and identifies ways to improve service
- Resolves customer concerns at source
- Flexibility to change plans and meet customers’ needs
- Encourages and supports positive team development
- Shares knowledge, experience and news to keep everyone informed
- Co-operates to achieve team objectives and solve team issues
- Responsible for training and developing new members of the team guidance to the team as required
- Seeks advice from team members and leaders when necessary
- Attends team meetings as required
- Demonstrates the ability to provide clear direction to individuals and the team
- Ability to interpret data, identifying trends and underlying causes
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills internally and externally
- Demonstrates excellent report writing skills and completes within given timescales
- Demonstrates competence in the use of a computer and office software
- Effectively communicates verbally to all parties
- Ability to deliver feedback in a clear, constructive and sensitive manner
- Implements and complies with all operational guidelines and standards
- Identifies and monitors site practices and areas of potential hazard and liaises with relevant personnel
- Ensures equipment is serviceable, maintained and secure at all times
- Determines whether a device is fit for service through thorough examination
- Implements all applicable standards and internal procedures as required
- Ensures a professional standard is maintained, enhancing Company credibility
- Responsible for conducting and following company H & S guidelines providing a safe and secure working environment
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret company standards, guidance and procedures
- Enforces company standards relating to policies and procedures – ensuring compliance to legislation
- Understands and analyses relevant technical information
- Demonstrates the ability to provide clear direction to individuals and teams
- Responsible for keeping up to date with industry developments
- Sees development as a positive benefit to themselves and the business
- Attends training courses as required
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent team working
- Analytical skills
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills including time management
- Ability to be flexible/versatile
- Ability to analyse and interpret mechanical drawings
- Due to the nature of the role applicants are required to have good eyesight and annual eye tests are compulsory.
- Able to climb and work at height
- Clean UK driving licence
Qualification / Education /Training / Knowledge
Essential – Engineering Degree / HND
Desirable – Specific Engineering Disciplines e.g. NDT/Electrical/Hydraulic or Previous experience of leisure industry
The role is full time Monday to Friday, salary rising over the next 3 years. All ppe provided.
Follow us on Facebook Bennett Staff @BSB123
- Offering you jobs with the leading employers in the area.
- Appropriate pay rates for the work you are doing.
- Paying you ON TIME for the work you have done.
- We are at the end of the phone if you need anything.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.