TECHNICAL BUYER (A13381)
Our expanding Tameside Client is looking to recruit an experienced Technical Buyer. Our client is a well respected, worldwide manufacturing organisation based in Greater Manchester.
- As the Technical Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Raising of purchase orders and dealing with suppliers
- Researching sources of supply for current and prospective products
- Global sourcing and substitution for lower cost/improved service.
- Preparing costings for tender submissions
- Auditing current buying costs/sources-Achieving cost savings
- Negotiate optimum terms and conditions
- Work towards cost saving targets
- Required to assist with exports and imports (holiday cover)
- Excellent telephone manner and good communication skills
- Purchasing experience in technical products is an advantage
- Able to work on own initiative and able to prioritise work load
- Independent and able to work within a team
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Comprehensive understanding in Microsoft office-Particularly Excel and Sage 200
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure where necessary
- Flexibility in meeting changing deadlines
Hours and Benefits:
- 8.45 – 4.30 (4 pm on Friday)
- 22 days holidays
- Part Time option can be considered
- Company parking, canteen facilities
- Lovely plush offices
Online applications followed by video call will be conducted if suitable.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Or visit our website for up to date live jobs!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest