SPINNING OPERATIVE (S1315)
Our busy Dukinfield based client is looking to recruit an Spinning Operative start ASAP on an ongoing temporary to permanent basis.
Main Purpose of the role:
The production of high quality cotton yarn in line with works instructions using the equipment available. Ensure that the day to day requirements are in line with agreed procedures whilst maintaining quality control. Producing accurate work in a timely manner in line with KPI’s. To produce spun yarn to acceptable quality for further processing and customer satisfaction.
- Operate machinery in line with guidelines
- Demonstrate safe working practices always to ensure the company Health & Safety Policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Achieve specified output figures in line with KPI’s
- Highlight all quality issues to Supervisor/Manager as they arise
- Escalate any non-conformance to work instructions
- Maintain machines in line with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Carry out housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Ensure the correct use of required and issued PPE always
- To determine and select correct quality of roving to be processed
- To determine and select correct steel wire, where applicable, to be processed
- To inspect yarn by following the documented spinning/doffing procedure always
- To maximise material usage keeping waste to an absolute minimum
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience working as a machine operator
- Possess good attention to detail, accurate and numerate
- Meticulous and patient
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be available for shift working
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as being part of a team
- Computer Literate
- An excellent attendance record
Working Hours: First 2 weeks will be working on days then will be required to work on a rotating shift pattern.
- 7.30am to 4.30pm (Monday to Thursday), 7.30am to 12.30pm (Friday) – Days
- 6am to 2pm / 2pm to 10pm /10pm to 6am – Shifts
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our website and apply directly for any other suitable positions. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.