SENIOR PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR (A12439)
Due to our ambitious growth plans our client is looking for a Senior Purchasing Administrator to join their Purchasing department.
Their ideal candidate will be an experienced Senior Administrator who prides themselves on their excellent administration skills. Although advantageous, there is no requirement for previous experience in a purchasing-based role as full training will be given.
The Senior Purchasing Administrator will provide extensive administration support to all functions of the Supply Chain/Purchasing department and manage the day-to-day activities of the department.
Key tasks: Various data entry and administration tasks.
• To take ownership of the stock replenishment systems across the purchasing team. Reviewing the MRP system, creating purchase orders and ensuring these are received on time and in full
• Supervising of a small team of administrators
• Ensuring stock availability and supplier performance KPIs are met and exceeded
• Ensuring the department follows SOPs and that the team are compliant across all areas
• Ensuring that deadlines are met and that all administrative work is diarised and actioned whilst working closely with other members of the team
• Communication with internal and external stakeholders via e mail and telephone
• Liaise with both UK and European suppliers to ensure the timely and complete delivery of purchase orders
• Review and manage supplier performance against SLAs
• Continual housekeeping of the purchase order system
• Updating/maintaining accurate information on the computer system, including due dates, price files and setting up new item codes
• Other ad hoc duties as required as direct by the line manager or Senior Management.
• Production and analysis of reports
• Electronic filing of documents
- An excellent understanding of administration requirements in a busy, fast paced environment
- Strong administration skills
- Good MS office skills, especially in Excel
- Strong time management and highly organised
- Excellent communicator with interpersonal skills
- Possess a conscientious and methodical approach to work
- Analytical with good attention to detail
Works experience and Educational Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), to include English and Maths
- Previous experience in a senior role i.e. Team Leader, Supervisor
- Extensive experience in an administrative role
- Good MS Office skills
- Experience of working within the KBB Industry
- Knowledge of MRP Systems
Our client is committed to providing an environment that is supportive of work life balance through benefits and health and well-being initiatives. Resources and opportunities are provided to encourage and support the improved health and well-being of its employees.
It does this through the following benefits:
- Clean, modern, spacious and well-appointed offices
- Fresh Fruit provided to support healthy eating
- Free filtered water
- Communal staff break areas.
- Staff discount available on business products
- Social events
- Learning and development opportunities
- Wellness cash plan
- Extra day annual leave from your 5th year
- 23 days annual leave plus standard bank holidays
- Staff saving scheme
- Long service bonus
- Relaxed dress code
- Subsided gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme (twice a year)
- Costco membership (twice a year)
- Annual Flu-Jab
From the moment that you join their team they aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. Passionate and proud company. It is this vigour and attitude that helps us execute well every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities and discover a place for you.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org – applications will be looked at and a telephone / video call will be conducted if suitable.
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Or visit our website for up to date live jobs!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.