RAW MATERIAL PURCHASING ASSISTANT (A11155)
Expanding Oldham manufacturer and distributor are looking to recruit an additional person.
Some Job responsibilities / Key Tasks:
- Procure a range of raw materials
- Review Requisitions /MRP and consolidate where possible
- Obtain quotations from approved suppliers
- Timely conversion of requisitions to Purchase orders
- Gain order acknowledgements and expedite to project requirements
- Highlight any concerns to the Purchase manager regarding part supply
- Identify and materialize savings
- Liaise with Planning and Production to ensure requirements can be met
- Liaise with Planning and engineering regarding part issues
- Ensure job cards are issued in a timely manner to Stores
- Work with Quality engineers to resolve issues and return to vendor of materials
- Assist Purchase manager with strategic projects / tasks
- Process COTS & stock requirements through requisitions & other triggers
- Work within the larger purchase department for joint projects / strategies
- Must be comfortable working in both teams and as an individual.
- Good communication skills with all levels of authority
- Able to consider multiple issues to gain the best solution
- Confident in their own skills and able to work autonomously
- Good to advance level in Microsoft office (excel is a must)
- Willingness and drive to develop within a purchase vocation
- Previous purchasing experience an advantage but not essential
Excellent opportunity with many benefits including early finish Friday and 25 days holidays plus stats.
Follow us on Facebook Bennett Staff @BSB123
- Offering you jobs with the leading employers in the area.
- Appropriate pay rates for the work you are doing.
- Paying you ON TIME for the work you have done.
- We are at the end of the phone if you need anything.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.