PURCHASING ASSISTANT (A10345)
Well established Oldham Company are rapidly expanding and looking to recruit another team player:
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Managing suppliers and negotiating
- Placing orders and scheduling incoming deliveries
- Stock control and inventory management
- Reporting on stock shortages and addressing any issues
- Planning and coordinating dispatch
- Collating management information
- Contributing to a continuous improvement culture
- Working closely with directors in co-ordinating various aspects of the business
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Role within a similar stock/inventory controller role
- Knowledge of stock management principles
- Literacy & numeracy skills
- IT literate with strong skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (advanced Excel would be preferable)
- Excellent document production skills
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal
- Calm under pressure and capable of thinking in quickly changing scenarios
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and goal focussed
- Responsibility – ability to prioritise and escalate when necessary in the absence of direction
- Customer-focused – attitude responsive and engaging, able to build relationships across a wide range of roles and team
- Based at Junction 21 on the M60 Ring road makes it a convenient and desirable location for people commuting to work from surrounding areas.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.