PROCUREMENT OFFICER (A13271)
Expanding Stockport client is looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Officer – the purpose of the role is to provide specialist procurement advice and guidance across the organisation and work collaboratively to unlock opportunities.
- To manage and coordinate the undertaking of procurement projects and tenders supporting Head of Areas
- To promote a compliance culture that ensures continually improving performance and that legal and other standards are met.
- To work along side the Procurement Manager and provide efficient and effective business support service to Senior Management and Head of Areas.
- To provide a comprehensive, cost effective, professional procurement service, and ensure that the Company maximises its purchasing power and achieves optimum value for money from its procurement activities.
- To maintain and develop internal Procurement control, including spend reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the arrangement and management of a range of contracts for the supply of goods and services.
- Responsible for all Procurement aspects of SAPB1 ensuring systems are kept up to date with current products, prices and uploading of contracts.
- To support and work with internal stakeholders for their procurement tenders and other procurement requirements.
- To coordinate all tender processes from beginning to end.
- Develop and update tender template documentation.
- Assist in the development of Procurement Systems and Controls
- To lead on large scale projects, as required by the Procurement Manager
- To work with stakeholders to ensure procurement and supplier development activity supports wider value for money, social value and corporate responsibility strategies.
- To develop, coordinate and issue contracts and relevant tender documentation for all tenders Non FTS and FTS and work along side STAR Procurement where required.
- To assist with the preparation of specification for tenders, ensuring that they reflect the requirements of the key stakeholders
- Responsible for the preparation of tenders including preparation of PQQ’s and Tenders ensuring that all procurement activity has full governance and adherence to Company policies
- To be a member of tender evaluation teams when required, coordinating scoring and all evaluation documents.
- To monitor and action all email requests to the Procurement Email
- To obtain and coordinate all quotes for goods and negotiate prices for all business units
- To review and negotiate tenders both existing and new
- To ensure the administration of all elements of the procurement processes are effective and efficient, maintaining clear and transparent audit trails
- To support the Procurement Manager in Business Review Meetings
plus lots more…
Hours and Benefits:
- Full time Monday to Friday
- Company parking and canteen facilities
- Salary will reflect the persons skills and experience
- Company Pension
Online applications followed by video call will be conducted if suitable.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Or visit our website for up to date live jobs!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest