PAYROLL EXECUTIVE (A14989)
Due to retirement one of our well established firm of accountants based in Tameside are looking to recruit a Payroll Executive
Some duties include:
The payroll function takes up about 60% of the time of the full time role currently with VAT and accounts preparation work taking up the remainder of the time.
We have no specific requirements on qualifications but up to date experience of running payrolls is essential and experience of the Star/Iris package would be a distinct advantage.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
- Make certain BACS agreements are kept up to date
- Pensions upload –
- Ensuring Disaster Recovery details are updated for own client portfolio
- Processing payrolls in own client portfolio, within agreed timescales with firms’ clients
- Keeping up to date in changes to payroll legislation
- Processing BACS payments for payroll, HMRC and Court Orders as per clients instructions
- Payroll billing for own client portfolio
- Maintenance of payroll file to include changes in payroll processing for each client in portfolio
- Operation of RTI Submissions throughout the financial
- Amendments of previous year processing, making sure that all RTI submissions have been completed
- Providing manual calculations for Tax, NI, SMP and SSP upon request from client
- Providing assistance to the Payroll Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisor upon
- their request
- Keeping up to date in changes to Auto Enrolment legislation
Skills and person specification:
- Computer Packages: IT Experience in Payroll systems & IT Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills Effective time management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Capable of working under pressure
- Self-driven and highly motivated both practically, and academically
- Capable of working in a team and on your own initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have previous payroll experience
Online application form followed by video call with one of our team
Bennett Staff has been successfully placing candidates since 1958 and acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.