PAYROLL CO-ORDINATOR (A13922)
Our client provides specialist care and provides a homely and peaceful environment for it’s residents. The business serves 220,000 people from Oldham and the surrounding districts.
Job responsibilities / Key Tasks:
1. Pro-actively manage, collate and input data accurately relating to employee monthly payments, additions, unsocial hours enhancements etc. and deductions and variables, ensuring that staff are paid on time and receive the correct payments.
2. Ensuring that multiple deadlines are adhered to and work is completed within the deadlines set.
3. Coordinate the payment of salaries and ensure the timely payment of salaries via BACS.
4. Liaise proactively with HR as required to ensure that all contractual changes are administered effectively and in line with payroll deadlines.
5. Coordinate the processing of various statutory forms for example: P45s, P46, MATB1, Student Loans, P60, and P11d’s etc
5. Comply with the requirements for Auto Enrolment and Real Time Information. July 2020
6. Ability to create spreadsheets (via Excel) and formulas to meet all payroll needs, including back pay, over / under payments, leavers, annual leave and other ad hoc manual adjustments.
7. Application of statutory provisions of payroll including, PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Adoption Pay, Student loans, and Attachment of Earnings Orders etc. and payment to appropriate bodies for any deductions.
8. Application of occupational provisions of payroll including, Sick Pay, Maternity Pay, Adoption Pay, accrued annual leave, etc.
9. Ensure any Childcare Voucher Scheme/Cycle to Work Scheme or other Schemes are operated efficiently, that all deductions are reconciled and correct payments made to the scheme provider. (PAYE, AOE, Student loans etc.)
10. Carry out monthly processes essential for statutory and other returns and payments such as HMRC and pensions agencies.
11. Respond to enquiries from colleagues and third parties such as external accountants, HMRC and pensions agencies on payroll related issues.,
12. Issue various payroll reports from the database as and when required for the effective operation of our monthly payroll service to the Director of Finance.
13. Calculation of accrued holidays owed including enhancements.
14. Conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the payroll database, updating data as necessary including legislative changes and ensuring that the payroll database is working properly. Problems identified should be reported to your line manager.
15. Maintain up to date payroll knowledge and comprehensive guidance notes on using the Payroll database.
16. Liaise closely with colleagues in the wider team to ensure that monthly reconciliations are undertaken.
17. Preparing and inputting of journals on to our Accounting software (Sage 50), ensuring control accounts balance and submissions are made as needed.
18. Coordinate and prepare data for monthly monitoring reviews with budget holders, presenting budget v’s actual and variances and explanations.
19. Perform a wide variety of assignments, which are sometimes confidential in nature; operating a computer to enter data; draft, edit, revise and print letters, tables, reports and other materials and supporting and assisting colleagues where required.
20. To liaise with and give appropriate information and advice to staff as and when required; via email/telephone or face to face.
21. To assist with the general payroll/administration work within the team.
22. To assist in the compilation of such reports and records, and assessment of data as may be required by the Hospice.
23. To use computerised systems e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and databases, to input and manage data and produce required documentation.
24. To liaise with external payroll processors/accountants as and when required.
25. To input and validate data onto the Company computerised systems as required.
26. To work closely with the HR team as and when required and attend monthly meeting.
27. To undertake work for the Director of Finance as and when required.
28. To comply with all data protection requirements with regards to the access and dissemination of personal data.
- 37.5 hours per week
- 20 days hols plus stats
- Company parking
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Or visit our website for up-to-date live jobs!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest