PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (O900)
One of our leading Oldham clients are looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Administrator
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate and timely payroll information.
- To consolidate and check for accuracy payroll information (for example, sickness absence, overtime and bank details) against data/reports from the organisations HR data systems and query any anomalies with the relevant line managers.
- Respond to day to day queries relating to payroll, policies and procedures.
- Check and process monthly expenses claims for accuracy and compliance with the company procedures and policies.
- Process authorised data in a monthly payroll report to the external payroll provider.
- Producing month end and year end control accounts to ensure pension and deductions are accounted for Processing SSP, SMP, Tax, NI, Court Orders, Pension deductions.
- Produce ad hoc standard and bespoke reports and policies as required for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Administration of the Cycle to Work, Child Care Vouchers and other staff benefit schemes.
- Develop processes which will enable the college, supported by the payroll provider, to comply with the requirements of Real Time Information, as defined by HMRC.
- Ensure all new starter and leaver details are processed along with all other employee changes that affect payroll calculations.
- Priorities tasks in order to meet required deadlines.
This job description is a summary of the key areas of responsibility. It is not a definitive list. You are required to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service make suggestions to vary the scope and application of your responsibilities within a reasonable framework appropriate to this level of post.
Partnerships and Accountability
- To work with colleagues to share and develop good practice and to attend all scheduled meetings of teams to which you belong
- To ensure all HMRC requirements are met and delivered on time.
- To ensure pension membership is accurate and appropriate regulations met.
- To be accountable to line manager for progress and outcomes in relation to all areas of responsibility.
- To liaise as appropriate with payroll service provider to ensure the consistent delivery of a high quality payroll service.
- All employees are expected to ensure that equal opportunities and equality and diversity are promoted and developed in all areas of responsibility.
- The post holder may be required to undertake any additional, reasonable duties in order to progress the needs of the organisation.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young persons and/or vulnerable adults you may come into contact with as part of your role. You will be expected to share the College’s commitment in this respect.
Duties and responsibilities will be governed by departmental policies and objectives but will involve decision-making on courses of action affecting others.
Carry out a range of more advanced tasks covering diverse functions. Will be expected to provide advice to more senior staff of own/other sections or departments on matters connected with own work. Will contribute to the running of the department.
Will plan and arrange own workload within established policies and objectives. Will receive supervision in terms of reporting progress or in seeking specialist advice.
Will be expected to manage a number of staff and arrange/supervise their workload and development.
Must demonstrate at all times the highest standards of work output, striving to achieve an ideal of “right first time” and accepting responsibility for customer care.
Must demonstrate flexibility, in responding to changing demands in personal, department or the organisation’s workload.
Full time or part time considered. Ongoing position. £9.00 per hour.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org