MACHINE OPERATIVE (A9442)
Well established Tameside manufacturing company require an additional operative to join their expanding team.
Summary of Role
- To manufacture good quality product through various stages of the process, whilst working to ‘work orders’ and Company procedures.
- Willing to respond to customer demand.
- Please note that we are a 24/7 business and need commitment to support the customer.
- This role is a very manual orientated process, so would suit someone who enjoys DIY also the equipment / material can be heavy.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Good quality through all process on site.
- Length / width cutting of various materials: – Measuring belt length and width to specific sizes using
- various measuring devices, using cutting machines and hand cutting.
- Smart Seal: – Using machine to weld belt edges, inputting data.
- Pressing: – Using various size presses to weld materials together, inputting data.
- Profiling: – Using heat guns to weld profiles to materials, using high frequency welders, inputting data.
- Curves: – Manufacture of curved belts.
- Doors: – Manufacture of roller shutter and high speed doors.
- Printing: – Applying logos using heat treatment and ink printing by machine.
- Perforating. Using a punch block machine and hand punching as per drawings.
- Use of various machinery to complete belts to specific customer requirements.
- Despatch and Receipt of goods.
- Process through SAP system as required by the company
Full time hours plus and early finish Friday – free company parking, 26 days hols plus stats (saving 4 for Christmas) Excellent opportunity.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.