LIBRARY & RESOURCE CENTRE ASSISTANT (O900)
One of our leading Oldham clients are looking to recruit an experienced Library Resource Centre Assistant.
We seek to appoint individuals who share our passion about making a difference.
Main Purpose of Role
To promote and provide excellent customer service internally and externally in all areas of the role supporting students and staff access information in a variety of formats in a fast paced environment in a small professional team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to:
- To provide a high quality customer experience for staff and students in the day to day delivery of the service including face to face, via e-Mail, phone, and online. Respond professionally to customer comments and complaints and adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
- To deliver outstanding front-line enquiry service and endeavour to effect positive outcomes for students and staff and to maintain a comprehensive knowledge of resources to signpost and support users in their effective exploitation.
- To plan and create induction programmes including tours, sessions, displays, print and online materials, to actively promote the service and drive-up student engagement.
- To support students to become independent learners through the planning, design and delivery of information skills sessions to groups and individuals on-site and online.
- To support students and staff in the development of digital literacy skills through one-to-one support, demonstrations, workshops, guides and online learning materials.
- To establish effective working relationships with academic staff, external organisations and suppliers to ensure service development supports and informs teaching, learning and assessment.
- To ensure service standards are met with regards to behaviour, shelving, appearance, layout, facilities, equipment and resources. Carry out routine checks and use agreed reporting procedures to ensure continuity of access and service to customers.
- To contribute to team meetings, quality assurance processes, self-assessment, monitoring and planning activities to impact positively on service development.
- To use and monitor key library systems including LMS (Heritage), OPAC, RFID, VLE, print management and to assist users with their use.
- To undertake a range of administrative duties including stock management and repairs, record keeping including statistics, photocopying, filing, mail, maintaining stationery stocks, cash handling and general office duties.
- To commit to continuous professional development to maintain high professional standards. To keep up to date with new technologies and innovations to support continuous service improvement.
- This job description is a summary of the key areas of responsibility. It is not a definitive list. You are required to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and along with your line manager, make suggestions to vary the scope and application of your responsibilities within a reasonable framework appropriate to this level of post.
- To ensure that equal opportunities is promoted and developed in all areas of responsibility.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young persons and/or vulnerable adults for whom you are responsible or come into contact with as part of your role. You will be expected to share the College’s commitment in this respect.
- To enable students to express their views ‘in all matters affecting them’ either directly or through appropriate representation.
- To promote and provide excellent customer service internally and externally in all areas of the role.
- All employees are required to actively promote and work within the policies, procedures, regulations and codes of conduct of the Corporation.
- All employees of the Corporation are required to work within and contribute to the achievement of the strategic plan.
- All employees of the Corporation are required to undertake such professional development and skills updating as required by the Corporation and/or required by the changing demands of their role.
- The post holder may be required to undertake any additional, reasonable duties in order to progress the needs of the organisation.
- We are committed to providing a safe environment in which children, young people and vulnerable adults can develop educationally, socially and emotionally, free from abuse, and expects all members of staff to share this commitment.
18 hours per week – ongoing contract £9.00 ph
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com