INTERNAL SALES SUPPORT TEAM LEADER (A9612)
Expanding Tameside manufacturing have another key position:
Job responsibilities / Some key tasks (not exhausted):
- Provide team leadership of the internal Sales Support team in supporting the external Highways, Bridges, Structures & Building Envelope teams and Sales Managers in the promotion of the company’s products
- Produce reports on the department’s outputs and collate information from the external sales teams for reporting to the sales management team
- Oversee the reporting of special prices/discounts using the company’s database software
- Contact potential customers by phone where there is the possibility of repeat business
- Assist in building and maintaining a network of contractors and distribution partners
- Direct customers wishing to purchase in smaller quantities (split pallets) to their nearest distributor
- Pursue project leads sourced by third party supplier and from industry sources such as journals, internet and media
- Maximize market potential and develop an expanding end customer/client base in keeping with the company’s strategies, resulting in profitable sales
- Contact companies as directed to arrange Seminars and co-ordinate all arrangements with Area Managers
- Take incoming sales enquiries, qualify and respond with relevant information. Direct to the external sales team and arrange meetings for them where necessary
- Contact visitors to the Company’s website to establish their requirements and if a sales opportunity exists
- Enter all activity data into the Company’s CRM Database in accordance with the reporting procedures
- Pass on market information details of competitor activity, client’s observations, ideas or requirements including one’s own ideas or proposals to their line manager
- Operate at all times in accordance with the terms and conditions defined within the company’s Policies and Procedures including any supplements
- Carry out efficient and well planned canvassing to maximize sales potential in conjunction with other members of the Highways team
- Present a highly professional company image at all times, operating to a high moral and legal code of conduct, present oneself in a suitable business-like dress, appearance and behavior at all times.
- Ensure that they have a thorough knowledge of all products which they are required to sell including a practical understanding of the applications, technical performance and sales features
- Pass on complaints adopting the company’s complaints procedure and make suggestions on how to rectify them to the line manager or colleague who is dealing with it to ensure a satisfactory conclusion
- Contribute towards training sessions and sales meeting discussions to assist in the collation of market information required to maintain a successful sales strategy
- Assist with exhibitions, seminars, presentations or other temporary activities where needed
- Regular update of sales forecasts working closely with other members of the team to ensure data is accurate.
- Candidates should be excited by the opportunity of joining an ambitious and expanding company, have the drive to succeed and a professional approach in a busy sales environment
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate good leadership skills
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in internal sales
- A professional telephone manner is essential with good questioning and listening skills
- Key attributes associated with this role include being gregarious with excellent people skills
- Candidates should also be confident, tenacious and keen to succeed
- Candidates must be able to work well within a team and be supportive of others
- Professional and mature attitude
- Personable with excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong commercial awareness
- Strong organizational and timekeeping skills
- Excellent IT, verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office & Outlook
Full time hours, 25 days holidays plus stats. Free parking and kitchen facilities.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com