INTERNAL SALES SUPPORT (A9610)
Another new position has arisen within our Tameside Manufacturing company.
Job responsibilities / Some Key Tasks:
- Support the external Highways team, ASMs and NSM in the promotion of the Safetrack range of products.
- Contact potential customers by phone where there is the possibility of repeat business
- Assist in building and maintaining a network of distribution partners for the Safetrack range of products
- Direct customers wishing to purchase in smaller quantities (split pallets) to their nearest distributor
- Pursue project leads sourced by third party supplier such as ABI
- Maximize market potential and develop an expanding end customer/client base in keeping with the company’s strategies, resulting in profitable sales.
- Take in-coming sales enquiries, qualify and respond with relevant information. Direct to ASM and arrange meeting for them where necessary
- Contact visitors to the Company’s website to establish their requirements and if a sales opportunity exists
- Achieve monthly budgeted sales target whilst observing the Company’s Commercial and Discount Policies
- Enter all activity data into the Company’s Database in accordance with the reporting procedures.
- Pass on market information details of competitor activity, client’s observations, ideas or requirements including one’s own ideas or proposals to their line manager.
- Operate at all times in accordance with the terms and conditions defined within the company’s Policies and Procedures including any supplements.
- Carry out efficient and well planned canvassing to maximize sales potential where required, in conjunction with other members of the Highways team.
- Present a highly professional company image at all times, operating to a high moral and legal code of conduct, present oneself in a suitable business-like dress, appearance and behavior at all times.
- Keep all necessary sales material and equipment in pristine condition and in good working order.
- Ensure that they have a thorough knowledge of all products which they are required to sell including a practical understanding of the applications, technical performance and sales features.
- Pass on complaints adopting the company’s Complaints or PIF procedure and make suggestions on how to rectify them to the line manager or colleague who is dealing with it to ensure a satisfactory conclusion.
- Contribute towards training sessions and sales meeting discussions to assist in the collation of market information required to maintain a successful sales strategy.
- Assist with exhibitions, seminars, presentations or other temporary activities not necessarily directly related with their normal daily work where needed
- Regular update of 3 Month rolling forecast by project/customer/product including probability with other members of the team.
The candidate is expected to meet the following criteria required to perform the role:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in internal sales.
- Key attributes associated with this role include being gregarious with excellent people skills, confident and competitive.
- Candidates should also be tenacious and hungry to succeed.
- Candidates should be excited by the opportunity of joining an ambitious and expanding company, have the drive to succeed and a professional approach towards sales.
- Candidates must be able to work well within a team
- Professional and mature attitude
- Personable with excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong commercial awareness
- Strong organizational and timekeeping skills
- Excellent IT, verbal and written communication skills
Full time position, free company parking, kitchen facilities, Childcare vouchers and 25 days holidays plus stats.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com