GENERAL MAINTENANCE FITTER (A901)
One of our long standing clients are looking to recruit an additional Maintenance Person
Due to increasing demand for works and an ever-growing order book we are currently recruiting a maintenance / fitter to work at our Head Office in Manchester.
Semi-skilled operative required fulfilling busy and varied position at our Manchester depot, duties include joinery, plumbing, spray painting cabins, on site repairs, fitting out and making good hire fleet cabins in the depot and on site.
- Snagging and fixing of hire fleet units;
- Basic plumbing, speed fit, water testing
- Basic joinery, re-board walls and floor, hang doors
- Measuring and fixing of external fascia to hire fleet units on site
- Fitting out and finishing hire fleet units on site
- Preparing units for painting
- Spray painting units (training provided)
- Maintaining equipment provided
- Cleaning units
- Furniture repair
- Driving of company vehicles to deliver/collect from sites
- Fork lift use to move equipment/furniture (training provided)
- 2nd Man on site
- Site repairs
- Ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times
- Responsible for own Health and Safety at all times.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Effectively carry out any other duties as specified by Line Manager.
- Maintain ‘clean as you go’ practices within work areas.
- Support ‘resource discipline’, ensuring lighting, heating and equipment in the yard are turned off when not in use
- Applicant must have a full driver’s licence with (6 points or less) and be over 21 as they will be required to use a company vehicle.
- CSCS card.
- Forklift certificate.
The applicant must have experience of joinery, plumbing and site works. Be a highly motivated individual who can work on own initiative or as part of an established team. The position is a physically demanding role and requires a high level of speed and accuracy of work at all times.
The applicant must be literate and able to complete company works forms.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who has worked within a similar role for a minimum of 1 year. It is essential that you can work on your own initiative or as part of an established, busy and friendly team; you will have good communication, attention to detail and customer service skills with the ability to work methodically and efficiently. Essential to this role as is the ability to carry out a physically demanding role as you will be standing for the majority of time whilst working.
Knowledge of the construction industry and previous experience within a similar environment are desirable but not essential.
- 20 days annual leave per annum plus statutory bank holidays and Christmas shut down
- Profit related pay scheme after 12 months’ continuous service
What else is on offer:
- Weekly pay + HP and Pension scheme
- Temp to perm
- Early finish Friday
- Company parking and canteen facilities
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Or visit our website for up to date live jobs!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.