EXPERIENCED SCHOOL COOK (A16331)
We are looking to recruit an Experienced Cook for one of our schools in Stockport.
Some key tasks include but not limited to:
- Order stock, plan, prepare, cook, and serve food as directed by Totally Local Company for consumption on and off the premises.
- Responsible for receipt, temperature probing / recording and the correct storage of all delivered goods. Stock rotation / control.
- Direct and supervise general catering assistants.
- Implement cleaning regimes for all kitchen equipment and associated activities. Record and document on cleaning schedules to comply with HACCP policy.
- Induct all staff on site including agency staff on the correct use of equipment, kitchen techniques, health and safety, food safety, COSHH, manual handling and nutritional standards, following ‘Task Talk’ system. This includes refresher training as directed.
- Menu planning for theme days and promotional activities within the school in negotiation with area manager / food champions.
- Complete and process unit documentation including time sheets, training record cards, sickness control and leave of absence, monthly variation sheet, meal reconciliation sheet, weekly meal order form, stock sheets, invoices and delivery notes etc
- To undertake duties relevant to the work of the department and appropriate to the post.
- To liaise with head teachers, school personnel, client, contractors, suppliers, pupils, and parents. Three days per year are designated deep clean or training days.
What else you need to know:
- 30 hours per week plus overtime as and when required for school events
- Holidays – term time mainly except Bank Holidays, events & Clubs
- £12.59 ph, monthly pay + 6.5% NEST employer contribution
- Parking facilities
Bennett Staff has been successfully placing candidates since 1958 and acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.