EXPERIENCED COOKS (R1803)
Various outlets throughout the Tameside Borough require regular Cooks:
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The post holder will be part of a flexible team, providing high quality catering services to residents, staff and visitors within the project facilities. Computer literacy is essential for this post.
- To supervise and work with the catering services team in the planning and organising of the catering services. This will involve assisting in mentoring, training, supervision catering assistants.
- To assist in all aspects of production and presentation of service having regard for dietary and nutritional requirements and customer satisfaction.
- To ensure daily compliance with the client’s and RFM’s Food, Control of Infection, Health & Safety, COSHH, Waste Disposal & Quality policies.
- In the absence of the Kitchen manager / Supervisor, you are to cover and prepare and amend weekly catering service duty rotas, ensuring cover for sickness and annual leave.
- In the absences of the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor, collation of times cards on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the security and maintenance of the catering areas and their contents including stock taking procedures.
- Under the direction of the Kitchen Manager, ensure all compliance with all legislative good practice and standard operating procedure manuals, including COSHH, HACCP, Health & Safety and any other relevant documentation are completed on a daily basis.
- To assist the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor in the day to day running of the kitchen by weighing up all ingredients for the days meals, assisting the kitchen supervisor in cooking and preparation of all meals.
- Help with service of all meals, aid in correct storage of all food products from delivery to hot plate recovery, kitchen cleaning, assist in weekly stocktakes.
- To ensure compliance with cleanliness standards within the catering services area reporting faults and breakdowns to the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor as required.
- To ensure the highest standard of customer care is delivered to all customers on site.
- To ensure that all catering areas are equipped with the correct levels of light equipment and liaise with the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor for replacement equipment.
- Carry out regular internal audits of all areas associated with Catering Services, and report any findings that require action to the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor
- To supervise that all catering staff and supervisory staff are able to carry out their respective responsibilities and duties efficiently and effectively, all as detailed in their respective job descriptions and systems of work deployed, and to report any that requires addressing to the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor.
- To attend regular in house training, post holder is required to hold minimum L2 Food Hygiene Award.
The hours are typically 9 – 3pm – DBS check through ourselves.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org