CNC TURNER / SETTER OPERATOR (Fanuc Controls) (A12201)
Expanding Stockport firm require an experienced Setter Operator to join friendly busy team.
Job responsibilities / Key Tasks:
The primary objective of this role will be to effectively program, set and operate the CNC machine in order to produce orders on time and to the required high-quality standards. Other duties for the role will include but are not limited to:
- Safely setting and operating a range of machine tools and ancillary equipment necessary to carry out the machine skills of CNC machining, turning, tapping, boring and grinding.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Using measuring instruments in metric units and/or imperial units necessary for the production of work pieces to the standards outlined by engineering drawings.
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation, material to be cut and surface texture requirements.
- Routine care and cleaning of machines and ancillary equipment.
- Recognizing machining and material defects, appreciating causes, applying remedies and preventative action.
- All work should be inspected for surface finish, dimensional accuracy and checked for the overall quality of the finished component.
- To work in a safe and productive manner as outlined in the company safety policy. Particular attention to safety should be paid to operating machine tool equipment.
- To maintain a clean and tidy place of work. Particular attention to the storage of chemical and other dangerous substances. Undertaking machine coolant change as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience with Programming setting and operating CNC lathes.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings and tolerances.
- Be able to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of H&S requirements and fundamentals of HR within the workplace
- Familiar with Aerospace AS9100D requirements in relation to CNC turner’s role.
- Understanding and maintaining 5S
Hours and Benefits:
- Full time hours with an early finish Friday
- Monthly salary
- company parking
- Uniform provided
- Canteen facilities
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.