CLEANING SUPERVISOR (R1803)
One of our new expanding clients are looking to recruit an experienced Cleaning Supervisor to join their Tameside location in Mossley and Denton.
- Ensure cleaning staff carry out their duties to the required BICS high standards through a monitoring programme and adhering to Robertson H&S policies.
- Monitor and complete accurate registration of attendances and the rescheduling of cleaning staff to cover absences, and annual leave requests.
- Assist in the annual leave request process seeking approval from the Site FM Manager.
- In conjunction with the Site FM Manager achieve fair distribution of duties, which may include redeploying cleaning assistance where necessary.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all cleaning assistants are aware of and familiar with the correct use of all equipment and materials, & chemicals.
- Ensure a monthly stock reordering process is in place with the approved supplier, and that monthly stock checks are undertaken.
- Ensure that identified key areas of the school receive priority in the cleaning schedule.
- Promote Health and Safety within the team and raise awareness amongst all staff of appropriate Health and Safety Regulations and encourage safe working practices and correct procedures.
- Take responsibility for the cleaning of a prescribed area and respond to any reactive cleaning requests.
- Meet regularly with the Site FM Manager to discuss the provisions and effectiveness of the service and highlight any concerns etc.
- Check on a daily basis that all areas of the school are cleaned to a satisfactory standard and daily cleaning logs are completed for each work section.
- In conjunction with the Site FM Manager, carrying out performance reviews and appraisals and team talks.
- Provide suitable cover for absent employees by way of overtime, redeployment, or self-cover.
- Develop and carry out induction procedures with all new staff.
- In line with the sustainability policy ensure effective and economical use of equipment and materials minimising waste and misuse.
- Ensure a reporting system is in place for notifying building and furniture defects to the Site FM Manager or duty Caretaker.
- To participate in the performance development review process.
- To participate in monthly team meetings and highlight any events, issues, etc.
- Complete cleaning rotas with the Site FM Manager for upcoming breaks.
- Identify any training/refresher requirements for cleaning assistants and assist/provide appropriate training.
- Liaise with the Site FM Manager and review the weekly school calendar to identify lettings and events and any additional cleaning requirements.
- To have the overall responsibility for the practical organisation of the day to day cleaning operation.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
DBS to be done via ourselves. 1pm – 6pm Monday to Friday from £8.00 – £8.25 ph
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.