PURCHASING / BUYING ASSISTANT (FTComm)
One of our leading Derbyshire distributors are looking to recruit an additional Assistant Buyer to join their team.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Market knowledge: analyze consumer buying patterns, competitor activities
- Manage a critical path to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Numbers: analyze, forecast and plan with the Buyer to ensure the most profitable range is implemented.
- Vendor Management: liaising with suppliers abroad on a regular basis via Skype, telephone and email. Support the Buyer in creating a ‘Vendor/Factory Strategy’.
- Negotiation: liaising with vendors to agree the most commercial cost price, and where necessary engineering product into a price point.
- Management: Effectively manage own workload and motivate your fellow Buying team on a day to day basis ensuring they are empowered and working effectively within their roles.
- Design: have a clear idea of the key trends coming through and be able to translate them into product.
- Experience of working with and liaising with factories
- Product development ensuring they are all “retail ready”
- Range building and category management.
- Critical path management (managing multiple projects at any one time.)
- Exceptional Team management / leadership skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Analytical and costing skills, within sales and margin.
- Continual trend analysis translated into our products.
- Work exceptionally well under pressure within face paced environment
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent judgement, decision making and negotiation skills
- Proactive attitude
- Self-motivated, and able to work efficiently alone as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literacy is essential, with knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Methodical and accurate approach
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Hours and Benefits:
- The role is full time Monday to Friday – temporary ongoing
- £11.50 p.h whilst temp – weekly pay, pension contribution and HP.
- Company parking and canteen facilities
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org – applications will be looked at and a telephone / video call will be conducted if suitable.
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Or visit our website for up to date live jobs!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.