KITCHEN ASSISTANT COOKS (R1803)
Tameside and surrounding areas require regular relief Assistant Cooks.
The post holder will be part of a flexible team, providing high quality catering services to residents, staff and visitors within the project facilities. Computer literacy is desirable for this post.
- To assist in all aspects of production and presentation of service having regard for dietary and nutritional requirements and customer satisfaction.
- To supervise and work with the catering services team in the planning and organising of the catering services. This will involve supporting the Kitchen Cook.
- To ensure compliance with cleanliness standards within the catering services area reporting faults and breakdowns to the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor as required.
- Help with service of all meals, aid in correct storage of all food products from delivery to hot plate recovery, kitchen cleaning, assist in weekly stocktakes.
- To assist the Kitchen Cook in the day to day running of the kitchen by weighing up all ingredients for the days meals, assisting the kitchen Cook in cooking and preparation of all meals.
- Under the direction of the Kitchen Cook, ensure all compliance with all legislative good practice and standard operating procedure manuals, including COSHH, HACCP, Health & Safety and any other relevant documentation are completed on a daily basis.
- Ensure the security and maintenance of all catering areas and their contents including stock taking procedures are secure.
- To ensure daily compliance with the client’s and RFM’s Food, Control of Infection, Health & Safety, COSHH, Waste Disposal & Quality policies.
- To ensure the highest standard of customer care is delivered to all customers on site.
- To ensure that all catering areas are equipped with the correct levels of light equipment and liaise with the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor for replacement equipment.
- Assist in regular internal audits of all areas associated with Catering Services, and report any findings that require action to the Kitchen Manager / Supervisor
- To attend regular in house training, post holder is required to hold minimum L2 Food Hygiene Award.
Hours are typically 9-3pm within a variety of locations around the Tameside Borough.
DBS is essential for this role – can be obtained through ourselves.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com