ASSEMBLY SUPERVISOR (A11688)
One of our leading manufacturers and distributors are looking to recruit an additional assembly supervisor.
- Resource and people management.
- Health & Safety and the work environment.
- Monitoring and maintaining the Sections’ production operation to meet quality standards and contractual deadlines.
- Communication and handling information.
- Supervise Locker/Unit construction.
- Continually check stock levels and liaise with Production Coordinator, Press Shop and Paint Line supervisors about stock requirements.
- Liaise with the Works Manager and/or Production Coordinator for order requirements.
- Make sure that there is sufficient staff to fulfill order requirements, arranging overtime as necessary.
- When required, assist with locker/Unit assembly.
- As necessary, assist the Loading Out Team with loading vehicles, arrange extra help for large consignments and limited time loads.
- Observe and comply with health and safety requirements.
- Complete bonus sheets and update Production Worksheet on Excel spreadsheet.
Resource and People Management
- Plan and allocate work making effective use of all resources.
- Supervise and motivate employees within Supervisor responsibility.
- Identify team and individual’s development needs against current and anticipated work requirements within the production area.
- Review team and individual’s performances on a regular basis.
- Provide induction and on-the-job training to new employees and existing employees as required ensuring that all Team members know, understand and comply with the Company’s Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and procedures including all safe working practices in force at any time.
- Act as the first contact in all potential disciplinary and grievance issues, aiming to informally resolve issues. Those grievances which require greater attention to be referred to the Works Manager.
Health & Safety
- Minimize of risk and injury make sure that lifting and manual handling techniques used are in line with current legislation and good practice advice. Highlight individual training needs which cannot be met in-house to the Works Manager immediately so that arrangements can be made to provide the training.
- Comply with all relevant legislation, e.g. the Factories Act 1961 and the Health & Safety at Work 1974 and all Company Policies and procedures in force at any time, making sure that employees also comply.
- Adhere to good housekeeping practices at all times and make sure that employees also comply.
- Put forward suggestions / recommendations, whether from self or General Operatives, for improving working conditions to the Works Manager with minimum delay.
Monitor and Maintain the Production Operation to meet Quality Standards
- Liaise regularly with the Works Manager to make sure that working conditions within the production area satisfy current legal and organizational requirements.
- Ensure that production output satisfies delivery, quantity and cost requirements.
- Ensure that any paperwork or documentation related to production is complete, accurate and complies with operation requirements.
- Liaise with Production Coordinator to make sure that resources and stock are available to meet customer orders.
Communication and Handling Information
- Attend and contribute to Production meetings held on a daily basis updating General Operatives as relevant and required.
- Ensure that any advice or information given to colleagues or General Operatives is accurate in line with the companies Policies and procedures. Be alert to anyone not understanding what is required at any time; providing further information/training session(s) and keep the Works Manager fully informed.
- Ensure that all employees are made aware of the broad aims and objectives of the Company and updated as required.
- Attend internal meetings as required, taking a participatory and contributory approach.
- Carry out tasks within the Supervisor’s knowledge skills and experience as required by the Works Manager or Operations Manager.
Hours / Benefits
- Full time hours with an earlier finish Friday
- Excellent salary
- Company parking
- Pension and healthcare after qualifying period
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held.
We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.