1 YARD OPERATIVE (A201)
We are excited to be recruiting for our client based in Tameside. They are looking for a temp to perm Yard Labourer / Driver to start ASAP.
The role itself is physically demanding and requires a high level of speed and accuracy at all times. The job holder will be required to complete daily worksheets. Additional yard and site duties will be required. (appropriate training will be provided)
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain equipment
- Carry out repairs on furniture
- Install / Remove furniture
- Use of fork lift truck (training will be given)
- Tidy the yard areas
- Provide cover for yard duties as required.
- Site deliveries / collection of furniture and materials with the use of a company pickup.
- Paint and spray paint parts (previous experience ideally but not essential as training will be provided)
- Responsible for own Health and Safety at all times
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Effectively carry out any other duties specified by line manager
- Maintain “Clean and you go” practice within work areas
- Support “resource discipline”, ensuring lighting, heating and equipment in the yard are turned off when not in use.
- Ensure H & S is adhered to at all times
Person Specification – Essential
- 1 Year experience gained in a previous role
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work methodically and efficiently
- Good communication skills
- Ability to carry out further training and development
- An enthusiastic approach to work
- Full driving licence (max 6 points, all points or bans are to be notified immediately)
- Needs to be age 21+ due to drivers insurance policy
- Ability to carry out a physical and demanding role.
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Knowledge of Construction industry – CSCS card (can be put through the course)
- Experience within a similar organisation
Whats on offer:
- 20 days holidays plus Bank holidays
- 8.00 am to 5.00 pm (Monday to Thursday) 8.00 am to 4.00 pm (Friday)
- Bonus scheme – following completion of 12 months satisfactory employment and according to the rules of the Profit Share Scheme. Payments are profit-related and are not guaranteed
- Pension Scheme, Sick pay
- Facilities include onsite parking and equipped kitchen area.
Online applications following by a video interview by Bennett Staff then a further one to one interview with our client.
Bennett Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Or visit our website for up to date live jobs!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time, your application will have been unsuccessful, and your details will not be held. We apologize that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest