TECHNICAL SEWING MACHINIST (S1315)
Our Tameside based client is looking to recruit a Technical Sewing Machinist to start ASAP on a temporary to permanent basis.
The sewing of heavy industrial materials to make a range of parts following technical specification.
- Ability to sew heavy industrial materials
- Have a detailed understanding of the full range of sewing machines and other equipment within the department including the setting up and carrying out firth line maintenance of your machine including threading and cleaning.
- Assess and understand the correct data from the relevant documentation such as, but not limited to, Works Orders, Dimensional Check Sheets, Technical Specification Sheets.
- Maintaining safe working practices
- Assembly of various automotive/other products
- Initial/final product packaging
- Housekeeping/daily maintenance activities (to 5S standards)
- Compliance with company works instruction/procedures
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other who may be affected by their “acts of omissions”
- To co-operate with their employer so the latter can comply with their his/her legal duties
- Not to interfere or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare
- any other such duties as requested to you from your line manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous sewing experience, preferably with industrial type materials
- Be able to interpret patterns
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Keen eye for detail
- Numerate and Literate
- Monday to Friday – 7.30am to 4.30pm
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our website and apply directly for any other suitable positions. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org