SPINNING OPERATIVE (S1315)
The Role: The production of high quality products in line with works instructions using the equipment available. Ensure that the day to day requirements are in line with agreed procedures whilst maintaining quality control. Producing accurate work in a timely manner in line with KPI’s. To produce products to acceptable quality for further processing and customer satisfaction.
Key Tasks but not exhausted:
- Operate machinery in line with guidelines
- Demonstrate safe working practices at all times to ensure the company Health & Safety Policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Achieve specified output figures in line with KPI’s
- Highlight all quality issues to Supervisor/Manager as they arise
- Escalate any non-conformance to work instructions
- Maintain machines in line with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Carry out housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Ensure the correct use of required and issued PPE at all times
- To determine and select correct quality of roving to be processed
- To determine and select correct steel wire, where applicable, to be processed
- To inspect the products by following the documented procedure at all times
- To maximise material usage keeping waste to an absolute minimum
Ideal skills and experience:
- Previous experience working as a machine operator
- Possess good attention to detail, accurate and numerate
- Meticulous and patient
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be available for shift working
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as being part of a team
- Computer Literate
- An excellent attendance record
Fantastic opportunity – temp to perm for well established Tameside firm and Free car parking
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our website and apply directly for any other suitable positions. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org