SECOND CHEF / HEAD CHEF (A7339)
One of Tameside’s family run businesses require an additional Chef –
Your key task will be:
Works alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stock in.
You must be able to prepare food from fresh
Serving from 10 – 30 customers per night
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
Must have previous experience
Hours 10 – 2pm 5.50 till 9.30 (40 – 45 hours per week)
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please keep an eye out for future posts. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com