PRODUCTION SCHEDULER (A7833)
Wow! great opportunity for expanding Stockport family firm.
Key accountabilities (not exhausted)
- Ensure manufactured stock levels are monitored and maintained
- Supporting Production Manager by processing WOP’s and monitoring stock
- Regular monitoring of top and bottom performing lines and updating buffer and run levels
- Negotiation of material costs, and ensuring it is purchased in the most cost effective method
- Cost review and trend analysis on manufactured goods
- Maximisation of margin against agreed levels for all lines
- Good understanding of margin mix across SKU profile to achieve optimal balance between sales revenue and margin protection
- Strong understanding of all operational processes and their impact on cost of manufacturing
- Excellent understanding of materials and packaging costs
- Achieving the optimal balance between product quality and customer requirement
- Minimising response time to customer requests and prioritising key customers where appropriate
- Ensure strong communication with Finance Team, Procurement Team, Sales Team, Warehouse, Production Team
- KPI tracking and recording to ensure the plan is achieved and utilisation and productivity are maintained.
- Track, record and resolve non-conformance issues with satisfactory conclusion.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure deliveries are on time and in full.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of planning within a manufacturing or production environment is desirable.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems and managing purchase orders would be desirable but not essential.
- Sage experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and other office programs.
- A committed and focused approach to work and an ambitious nature, someone who wants to succeed, and can demonstrate this.
- Meticulous attention to detail in any application.
Full time position, free parking, pensions and 20 days plus stats holidays.
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org