PROCESS OPERATIVE (S1315)
To produce and press fibre pads from a slurry, for use as support mats in exhaust systems in line with Works Orders to meet customer requirements.
To ensure that all work is completed in a timely production of products in line with deadlines
Main tasks (not exhausted):
- Setting up and preparing machinery and ingredients for production in line with Standard Operating Procedures
- Observing and recording, meter and instrument readings and making necessary adjustments where required
- Accurately load slurry into former as per order specification.
- Form and remove pads from former, ensuring no damage occurs.
- Press formed pads as per recipe and dependant on base weight and order specifications.
- Safely load and unload pads into the press.
- Press formed pads using recipe described in works orders.
- Carry out quality control tests as per specifications and record results
- Ensure pressed pads are boxed and correctly labelled ready for cutting.
- Assist the Lead Operator as and when required
- Cleaning and wash down of equipment as per requirements in line with Standard Operating procedures
- Ensure adequate PPE is worn in the area
- Take reasonable care of your own Health & Safety and that of others in line with the Health & Safety policy
- Conform to COSHH and safe working procedures.
- Report and problems in a timely manner to Lead Operator or Process Engineer
Qualifications and experience:
- Training will be ongoing and in line with increasing responsibilities within the plant.
- GCSE science and maths D and above.
- Experience in a chemical process environment would be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience working in a chemical environment would be an advantage
- Must have an appreciation for COSHH.
- Some physical work and lifting will be involved.
- The ability to follow instructions as per plant / equipment specifications.
- The ability and willingness to learn and think on your feet.
Bennett Staff Bureau acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Office, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial and all categories of Catering staff. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our website and apply directly for any other suitable positions. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org